New Student Enrollment

The following information is for students who are new to the Olathe Public Schools. 

Step 1:
You will need to gather the following documentation with you to register/enroll your student for the first time in an Olathe school:

  • Proof of Residency in Olathe South attendance boundaries (This can be a utility bill or a copy of a contract/lease for your place of
    residence), or proof of an approved transfer
  • Proof of Identity*, such as a copy of the student’s Birth Certificate or Driver’s License
  • Proof of Immunization (this can usually be obtained from your student’s previous school or your doctor’s office)
  • Withdrawal Form from previous school (if enrolling mid-year), and ideally a copy of your student’s transcript and/or current schedule
    (not required)

Step 2:
Please print off and complete all of the forms included in our enrollment packet and bring the completed forms to your appointment.

Step 3:
When all of the forms and documents are gathered and completed, please call the Olathe South Counseling Office at 913-780-7874 to make an appointment with your child’s counselor. Our hours are 7:30 am to 3:30 pm, Monday – Friday during regular school days, and 7:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday during the summer months when school is not in session.



Chad Hoffman: Freshman
Traci Johnston: Grades 10-12 A-F
Amy Brown: Grades 10-12 G-L
Jean Busey: Grades 10-12 M-Q, Avid
Amy Iwert: Grades 10-12 R-Z