- If you do not have the “GroupMe” app, please download this to your phone. All communication before, during, and after the season will be made using this app.
- If you aren’t already on the group chat have Coach Smith add you ASAP.
- The team website (https://teachers.olatheschools.com/onwtennis/) will have updated schedules/general information
- Also, please follow @ONWRavenTennis on Twitter for news, scores, etc.
- All players will be expected to pay a season fee of approximately $40. This will cover a new uniform top as well as snacks and drinks for some of the longer events.
- Uniforms from prior seasons may be worn during competions, but ALL PLAYERS MUST purchase this year’s uniform as well.
- Spirit wear will be available again and this info will be distributed once the team roster is finalized.
- The tennis season will begin on Monday February 25th.
- The JV portion of the season will run until Monday April 29th.
- The Varsity portion of the season will run until Saturday May 11th.
- All players must have a current Physical and Concussion form completed and signed before tryouts begin Monday February 25th. These forms can be found at the following web address: http://www.onwravens.net/athletics/forms/
- All players will have a chance to earn a place on the team. Placement will be determined by skill level as demonstrated by challenge match results and coaching observations.
- Attitude and coachability will be factored into the evaluation process.
- Approximately 20-24 players will be selected for the team.
- Seniors not in the top 10 will not be selected for the team.
- The team roster will be available before school on Friday, March 1, 2018
- Practices will take place Monday through Friday from 3:30 to 5:30 pm
- Practices will take place at least a few times during spring break. Times TBA.
- Practice locations will vary depending on the availability of CBAC and the competition schedule.
- A precise practice schedule will be available when the season begins, and will be updated as necessary.
Thank you! I’m so excited to be coaching tennis here at ONW.
If you have any questions, you can e-mail me at email@example.com